Cosmetic procedures are becoming more prevalent, and with their increase in popularity comes questions about their safety. There are risks associated with any procedure, but cosmetic treatments are becoming more minimally-invasive and safe for more people. Derma Cosmedica is a med spa in Hamilton, NJ, offering a variety of safe and effective cosmetic treatments to help patients look and feel their best.
Types of Cosmetic Treatments
- Medical Grade Skin Care: Medical grade skin care products offer potent, scientifically tested ingredients proven to deliver noticeable results.
- Botox®: Of all of the types of cosmetic procedures, Botox is the most commonly-asked-about service we offer. Botox is designed to target “frown lines” – those wrinkles around the eyes, nose, and between the eyebrows.
- Chemical Peels: We offer a wide variety of chemical peels that vary in intensity. Our peels are designed to treat a wide range of problematic skin conditions, such as fine lines and wrinkles, melasma (mask of pregnancy), uneven skin tone, age spots, sun damage, acne and acne scarring.
- Dermaplaning: Dermaplaning removes dead skin by shaving it off with a sterile medical blade. Dermaplaning also rids the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). Excellent for most skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion removes dead skin cells and debris with an abrasion wand and light vacuum suction. Excellent for most skin types.
Are Cosmetic Procedures Safe?
Skincare treatments, when administered by a licensed professional, are safe for the skin. Although you might think that chemical peels or dermaplaning would damage skin, they’re actually good for the health of your skin. These skincare treatments remove dead skin cells and stimulate the growth of new skin underneath.
Botox is a common procedure and is performed on millions of patients every year. The botulinum toxin is in such a low dose and in a controlled area that does not negatively impact health. You should always see a board certified physician to administer Botox to ensure your safety and positive results.
Visit Our Hamilton, NJ Med Spa
At Derma Cosmedica, we offer a wide range of treatments that can be used to improve the appearance of your skin. We offer treatments for all skin types and work with you to create a treatment plan that addresses all your skin needs. Dr. Joseph Guarino will work with you to develop a plan that fits your goals. Contact us to schedule your individual consultation online or by phone today!